LIVE YOUR LIFE PURPOSE – PLUS! FALL 2019 WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Before we get to the subject of this post, brought to you by the AMAZING Lisa Nichols, I’m so excited to FINALLY announce my Fall 2019 Workshop Schedule. See below for details…
- I Am Not Afraid To Lift® IOWA on September 21, 2019 at Grit Gym in Iowa City, Iowa. There are only 8 spots left at the early bird discount rate and then after that the price goes up $100. So get in on it early if you plan to attend! You can sign up ==> HERE <==
- I Am Not Afraid To Lift® ALBANY, NY is pending. The tentative date is Sunday October 20, 2019. I will have this confirmed along with the sign up link next week!
- StrongFirst Kettlebell Course LAS VEGAS on September 29, 2019 at LifeTime Athletic – Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nevada. You can sign up ==> HERE <==
- StrongFirst Barbell Course LAS VEGAS on October 27, 2019 at LifeTime Athletic – Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nevada. You can sign up ==> HERE <==
- *Advanced Kettlebell Ballistics Course LAS VEGAS on November 10, 2019 at LifeTime Athletic – Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nevada. You can sign up ==> HERE <==
Early Bird Discount Ends October 27, 2019! *Learn more about this course ==> HERE <==
NOW onto the subject of this post…
“LIVE YOUR LIFE PURPOSE” ~Lisa Nichols
I didn’t always work in the fitness industry. I used to work an office job, first as a contracts administrator and then as an IT consultant.
In 1998, when I was 22 years old, working for the Federal Government as a Contracts Specialist, I took my first spin class. I remember how I felt after I took that class- inspired, motivated, transformed. I also remember thinking, “THIS is what I want to do for a living. I want to transform people’s lives and inner selves through exercise.” Only, at the time I didn’t know how to make it a reality. I didn’t know how to break free from the chains of my desk job to pursue my passion.
Fast forward 5 years and 2 desk jobs later to 2003 and I became a spin instructor and started teaching spin classes part-time in addition to my full-time desk job. At that time I STILL wasn’t sure how to turn my part-time passion into a full-time reality but I knew that teaching spin classes part-time was one step towards making it happen.
Fast forward 5 years and 2 more desk jobs later to 2008, plus many spin classes under my belt, my NASM-CPT certification, a kung fu brown belt and some savings in the bank, I decided to leave my high paying consulting job that was paying me almost $100k a year to work full-time as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor where I would make almost nothing to start.
I was petrified but I was also incredibly miserable at my office job and at age 32 years I knew that was no way to live my life.
I remember the day that I left my consulting job very well, it was a Tuesday, September, 30, 2008. I left work that day on an incredible high, exhilarated by the possibilities of my future.
Then that night I went to kung fu and as I went into the changing room to get ready for class I had a complete meltdown. My friend Hazel was there and I said to her sobbing “WHAT DID I DO???!”, she consoled me and I pulled myself together and went on to take class.
That night, I went to sleep, woke up the next morning and went to work to train the three one-on-one clients that I had to start my business and I never looked back.
Fast forward 11 years and multiple fitness jobs later and I am pursuing my passion EMPOWERING women (and men) both physically and mentally through strength training and positive mindset.
What about you? Are YOU living your passion? Your Life Purpose? Please share by responding to this email I want to know!
Want to work with me? I have TWO new spots that just became available in my EmpowerU online coaching program. Apply ==> HERE <== to work with me!
Yours in Strength,
Iron Body Training Systems &
I Am Not Afraid To Lift® Workshops