Who am I, and why should you work with me?
Hi! I’m Artemis. I’ve worked in the fitness industry for over 17 years and I am a coach, teacher, leader, international speaker and workshop presenter, and I have LITERALLY done it all.
- Worked in a commercial gym (2003 – 2011)
- Left my soul crushing, 6-figure, corporate consulting job to work for $0 starting salary in a commercial gym and never looked back (2008)
- Owned my own gym (2011 – 2016)
- Owned an online business (2012 – present)
- Was a Reebok Sponsored Athlete as a RebookONE Ambassador (2014 – 2017)
- Created and taught my own women’s strength workshop I Am Not Afraid To Lift®, presented it nationally and internationally, and made it a GLOBAL brand (2014 – 2020)
- Was a StrongFirst Team Leader (2016 – 2021) and currently remain TL Emeritus
- Spoken at many well known fitness events such as the Perform Better Summit, Fitness Revolution Nation’s Elite Training Workshop, and Craig Liebson’s First Principles of Movement (alongside rockstars like, Rachel Balkovec, the first woman hitting coach for the MLB) (2014 – 2020)
- Worked as a Strength & Conditioning Coach for Cirque du Soleil (2017 – 2019)
- Ran an in-person training business out of my garage as a side gig to Cirque and my online business (2018 – 2019)
- Been a group fitness instructor, personal trainer, strength coach, spin instructor, pilates instructor, teacher, speaker – you name it and I have done it!
I have worked with all kinds of people at all different fitness levels, from general population and zero fitness, to marathon runners, triathletes, cyclists, powerlifters, other coaches with high level performance goals, and elite athletes like the artists of Cirque du Soleil.
I myself have been an athlete all of my life…
I started taking ballet at age 3½, studied and performed as a youth with the Boston Ballet.
Then I stopped dancing at age 27 to study kung fu and obtained my kung fu black belt at age 32.
I went on to become an expert in kettlebell training and trained for, (wrote all of my own programming), and completed the Strong First Iron Maiden Challenge at age 38, as the 9th woman in the world to complete it. To date, I am the smallest and lightest to complete this challenge as a woman.
After the IM I started competing in powerlifting and deadlifted 300lbs at 115lbs bodyweight at age 39 at my very first powerlifting meet (and then went on to deadlift 315lbs, solo, in my garage at age 41;)).
I’ve helped many other coaches, athletes (like the artists of Cirque du Soleil), and high performers achieve their high-level fitness, strength, and performance goals, through my programs, strength training, and mindset coaching.
As for business, I’ve been an entrepreneur for over 13 years and created and built many multiple 6-figure businesses like my gym, my online business, and my women’s strength workshop I Am Not Afraid To Lift®.
I have learned from some of the best business mentors in the industry (such as Jill Coleman, Amanda Bucci, Chris Harder, Sean Croxton, Rachel Rodgers, Amanda Frances, Scott Oldford, John Romaniello, and more!), and combined that with my practical experience to help many other fitness, strength, and wellness professionals start, grow, and scale their online businesses.
With EmpowerU Elite Coaching, I want to help YOU build a bulletproof mindset and find balance between the pillars of fitness, nutrition, life, and business.
Are you in? APPLY HERE
If you have never met me before and if you would like to learn more about my background, a little about my journey, my training and life philosophies, then please listen to my podcast interviews under the “Podcasts & Interviews” HERE.