I Am Not Afraid To Lift
Are you ready to lift??
If you are not afraid to lift then I hope that you will join me for my workshop
I Am Not Afraid To Lift®
See details below!
Read testimonials and watch footage from past workshops HERE!
.8 NASM CEUs approved, I Am Not Afraid To Lift® is a registered trademark.
NYC, Boston 2014 & Connecticut, Ohio, New Mexico 2015 I Am Not Afraid To Lift® Workshops
.8 NASM CEUs Offered for I Am Not Afraid To Lift®
Upcoming I Am Not Afraid To Lift® Workshops:
- Dates TBD
NYC, Boston, & VA 2015 I Am Not Afraid To Lift® and Keep It Simple Workshops
About the Lift® Workshop:
At this workshop I,
- Teach the “unsexy” training methods of lifting heavy weights and eating real, nutrient dense, food as it is these “unsexy” methods that are what actually will give you the body you want (read more in my post “Unsexy Training Methods Produce Sexy Results”);
- Debunk the bulking myth and focus on three elements, Educate, Empower, Self-Efficacy to help both women and men to not be afraid to lift weights and to truly understand the importance of lifting weights (read more in my post “I Am Not Afraid to Lift Weights”);
- Discuss the importance of strength training as it trains you to be prepared for LIFE;
- Teach strong mindset and strong mindset strategies for strength training and achieving goals; (*For Power of Mindset Edition, with Dr. Lisa Lewis, teach strong mindset and strong mindset strategies for strength training and achieving goals;)
- *For Power of Mindset Edition, Dr. Lisa Lewis will teach concepts like “arousal regulation” and “the zone” and help participants to become more aware of their mental scripts as they approach their lifts and how these mental scripts can affect their physiology;
- Teach strength movements hinge, squat, upper body push, pull, core movements that translate to the pull-up, the Turkish-get up, and other ground work;
- Teach program design;
This workshop is appropriate for women and men who lift of ALL levels, from beginners to advanced lifters. From those people who have never lifted weights before, to those advanced lifters who want to take their training to the next level by improving program design or by learning new techniques to work towards a specific strength goal such as a weighted pull-up or a max bodyweight press or half bodyweight Turkish get-up. This workshop will help you to learn programming in order to reach your goal.
Even though this workshop is geared towards women and encouraging women to not be afraid to lift weights, it is open to both women and men to attend. The ratio of women to men attending is usually 5-1. In addition, if you are a personal trainer, it will help you to learn how to encourage your female clients to lift heavy weights and work towards a significant strength goal versus the number on the scale.
At this workshop I will teach movements specific to both kettlebell training and bodyweight training. The kettlebell training movements will include both grinds (strength movements) and ballistics (explosive movements that translate to cardiovascular conditioning like the kettlebell swing). I will also teach how the kettlebell and your body can be the ONLY tools you need to be strong and fit.
Read more in my posts “What Will I Learn At The Workshop “I Am Not Afraid To Lift”? and in “#LiftBoston: Lift, Laugh, & Learn”.
After registering for the workshop, I will send each registrant a questionnaire in order to gauge what level they are at e.g. beginner lifter vs. advanced lifter. I will also send each registrant a detailed agenda. See below for a summary agenda…
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need more detailed information and I look forward to lifting with you!!
Learn more about me and the Lift Workshop in Episode 9 of MFF (Mark Fisher Fitness) Best of Life Radio Podcast. Download for free and listen HERE!
Check out my Girls Gone Strong Spotlight interview HERE.
Agenda: See Below…
NOTE: The Lift Workshop is primarily focused on strength training. I cover the two handed kettlebell swing for the ballistic and teach some examples of some two handed swing interval formats for conditioning. If you are looking for an in depth workshop on nutrition and kettlebell conditioning then register for Keep It Simple Nutrition & Conditioning 1/2 Day Workshop HERE.
- About Artemis
- About Lisa (for the Power of Mindset Lift Edition)
- Artemis’ Training Philosophy
Misconceptions of Women & Weightlifting
- The Problem
- The Solution
Summary of Program Elements
- 8 Physical Program Elements
- 9th Program Element – Mental Skills (for the Power of Mindset Lift Edition)
- Plus One (e.g. Turkish Get Up)
NOTE: There are practice segments and practical hands-on workouts throughout the workshop.
Practical/Group Workouts – Throughout the Workshop
- Apply and Practice Movements Learned – Throughout the Workshop
- What is YOUR goal?
- How to program movements taught, including cardiovascular training, within one training day and over a training week.
Pre-Workshop Emails Include:
- A participant questionnaire which helps me to assess what level they are at e.g. beginner lifter vs. advanced lifter;
- Link to download detailed agenda; See below for a summary agenda…
- Link to download presentation.
Post Workshop Emails Include:
- Workshop Evaluation;
- 4 emails that include additional information about the warm-up from the workshop, the Turkish get-up, crawling, the pistol squat, and two handed swing interval formats.
Personal Trainers who attend will receive .8 NASM CEUs for attending the workshop.