Burnt Out Business Owner 😩 = Burnt Out Business 💸
I’ve been a victim of SIGNIFICANT “Business Building” Burnout two times in my life.
The first was in 2017 after we closed our gym in Boston and moved to Las Vegas.
I was fried from,
- Consistent stress of owning our gym in Boston.
- Juggling our gym, my online business, speaking engagements, workshop and travel schedule.
- The process of closing our facility and all of the mental and emotional baggage that went with it.
- An interstate move.
- Having to start all over personally and professionally in a city that I had never visited prior to moving.
That year I got sick multiple times including a really bad flu that lasted 2 weeks, NO LIE – HELLO ADRENAL BURNOUT!!
I was also depressed and felt hopeless, washed up and irrelevant.
These feelings were so strong that I almost left the fitness industry to go back to IT consulting.
Instead, I recovered and went on to grow my part-time online business to a full-time 6-figure business.
BUT THEN, at the end of 2019, I found myself burned out again.
This burnout was so serious that I was diagnosed with
Stage 2 Adrenal Dysfunction.
This time I was burned out from,
- The stress of balancing multiple jobs as I transitioned my business 100% online.
- Overextending myself as I worked to grow my online business to 6-figures.
- Lack of boundaries with clients, work, social media, and email.
- Continuing to sell and coach services that were no longer in alignment with my personal and professional desires and goals.
- Staying in the masculine of always doing, working, and forcing.
- Focusing solely on a financial goal rather than tuning into what really felt good to me, and to what my intuition was telling me to do.
This diagnosis was a huge wake-up call for me.
I needed to make BIG changes in my business and in my life if I wanted to be healthy, continue to grow my business and break the vicious cycle of burnout.
I was stuck in a habit loop of being addicted to the rush of dopamine from the high intensity vibe of working all the time.
I also knew that whatever was driving this addiction
and repetitive cycle, ran DEEP.
FIRST, I made changes to my lifestyle to regulate my cortisol and circadian rhythm,
- Asleep by 10:30pm and awake by 6:30am every day, 7 days a week.
- Daily morning walks.
- No phones or computers after 7pm.
- Nighttime and daylight blue light blocking glasses.
- Specific supplements to restore balance to my adrenals.
THEN, I hired a coach to help me
- Pivot my business to what was in alignment with me – business coaching!
- Work on my limiting beliefs about self-worth and money that were driving this maniacal cycle of burnout.
- Implement boundaries with work and social media.
- Shift into the feminine of being, receiving, and making space to receive.
- Implement a daily practice of meditation, journaling, gratitude, and positive affirmations.
As a result, last year, we pivoted our business and grew it to multiple 6-figures WITHOUT ending another year burned out.
If you’re a coach like me, I know that you give everything to your clients and to your business and potentially, NOTHING to yourself at the expense of your health.
The health of your business can only be as healthy as YOU.
If you’re burned out, your business will soon follow.
Beyond operations, sales, marketing, etc. we help our clients to overcome limiting beliefs, establish boundaries, own their worth, and discover THEIR aligned business so that they stay clear of burnout.
Check out this video about how we helped one of our clients to,
Establish boundaries and get her time and energy back!
Enrollment for our EmpowerU Business Academy opens February 2 and people are already putting down deposits to reserve their spot.
If you want to reserve your spot, APPLY >>> HERE <<<
Sending Vibes of Positivity and Abundance,