What you think is what you get.

It’s Sunday Story Time again  😉,

One time per week I finish my training session with kettlebell snatches.

Usually I use 16kg-35lbs but last week I mixed in 18kg-40lbs with a sequence of 6 R/L, 7 R/L, 8 R/L reps on the minute (OTM) for 15 minutes.

I used 18kg for the sets of 6 and 16kg for the sets of 7+8.

As I was going through the sets, I was very aware of the mental script I used to stay focused…

As I snatched, I would count up, and then count back down…

1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1 …

1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1 …

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 3, 2, 1 …

I noticed my mental script was so intuitive that it was almost robotic.

As a lifelong athlete, I’ve had a lot of practice learning what mental script, energy level (i.e. arousal regulation), and environmental factors help me to stay focused, get in THE ZONE (or what psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi refers to as FLOW), and complete the task.

Just the day before I was teaching the women in the I Am Not Afraid To Lift® workshop mentorship for coaches how much mindset impacts your outcome and results in a situation, and if you are a coach, how this affects your clients’ results.

Mindset impacts 80% of your success…

Your thoughts (MINDSET) affect your feelings, which elicit a physiological response, which then determines your performance, which then impacts your results.

This sequence of events is true for your performance in ANY situation – exercise, business, magnetizing+the Law of Attraction, and your day-to-day life.

As a result, your mental script can make or break you.

PLUS, knowing what you need to get sufficiently “amped up” to complete a big task, YET ALSO be able to stay calm enough that you stay focused, is essential to your success to achieve “unrealistic” goals.

For example, this video is a throwback to a time when I completed an 18kg snatch test (100 snatches in 5 minutes) at 117lbs bodyweight.

Before I started, I got clear in the following areas:

→ THE PLAN: 10 R/L OTM for 5 minutes with a back up plan of 5 R/L.

→ THE ENVIRONMENT: Music that puts me in THE ZONE, Driving to Heaven by Tiesto (Mat Zo Remix).

→ THE MENTAL SCRIPT: count up to 5 then down from 5 – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

→ SET EXPECTATIONS: Sets 1-3 will be easy-ish. Sets 4-5 will SUCK, but you can embrace THE SUCK for 2 minutes because you’re a motherf*cking badass.

Artemis Scantalides – 18kg (40lbs) Kettlebell Snatch Test

If you watch the video to the end you see that during the last 2 sets I give myself an internal pep talk and then drop the reps down to 5… and you also get a wave “Hi!” from Eric at minute 3:55 (LOL!).

As a result of getting my mind right, I already had 80% success, and the remaining 20% was my physical ability to complete the task.

Mindset is 1 of the 6 pillars I help my clients with and honestly, it’s the most important pillar because once your mind is right, you can accomplish anything.

Work with me and I’ll help you get your mind right so that you can achieve your goals.

I have 2 spots available for 1:1 coaching.

Apply to work with me by click on the purple button below👇🏽

HHelping you to get your mind right and achieve UNREALISTIC goals,

Artemis

P.S. The Attack The Bar pull-up program is going on sale this week. Keep a lookout 👀! 

%d bloggers like this: